Learn from the Security Professionals
Learn from qualified instructors who have extensive experience working in the security industry. Through their in-depth knowledge you'll gain the skills and knowledge required to ensure a well-rounded foundation for a successful future in security. Best of all, Crown offers students realistic, hands-on training.
You'll put your newly developed skills and knowledge into practice during our real-time scenario training in Crown's venues.
CPP20218 - Certificate II in Security Operations
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to work as a Security Officer.
The training includes crowd control and unarmed guarding as part of the property services training package. This course covers legislation relevant to the industry, communication skills, customer service, teamwork, first aid, managing intoxicated persons, reporting security incidents, occupational health and safety, restraints, and emergency procedures.
The finer details
The Certificate II in Security Operations in Victoria meets the Victoria Police licensing requirements, and you must have a Victorian Security License to gain employment in Victoria as a Security Officer.
After successfully completing this qualification in Victoria, you will have fulfilled the requirements to apply for a security licence through Victoria Police, with the activities of Crowd Controller, Security Guard (Unarmed Guard) and Control Room Operator.
The Certificate II in Security Operations in Western Australia meets the Western Australia Police Force licensing requirements, and you must have a Western Australian Security Licence to gain employment as a Security Officer in Western Australia.
After successfully completing this qualification, you will have fulfilled the requirements to commence the Western Australia Police Force licencing process for a licence with the activities of Security Officer and Crowd Controller.
Course Entry Requirements
Course Entry Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a citizen of Australia or Zealand or have an appropriate Australian Visa. As we are not CRICOS accredited, we are unable to train anyone on a Student Visa. Please feel free to contact us if you require assistance in determining your eligibility for this course
- Satisfactorily complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment
The next course is scheduled: Monday 20th November – Tuesday 12th December 2023
The next course is scheduled: Monday 9th October – Friday 27th October 2023
17 days, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays
15 days, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays
Consistent with the Qualification Rules and licencing requirements, the qualification offered by Crown Training Pty Ltd comprises the following 14 units of competence:
• CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
• CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
• CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
• CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
• CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
• CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
• CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
• CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
• CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
• CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
• CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
• CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
• CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
• HLTAID011 Provide first aid
For students completing this qualification in Perth, SITHFAB002 Responsible Service of Alcohol is provided at no additional cost. The training delivery and assessment of this unit will be provided through Crown College (RTO #3743).
The CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations can be a challenging course; it requires participants to perform physical tasks and assessments.
Students will be required to complete a variety of physical activities, including restraining individuals of varying body shapes and sizes.
Please let us know if you are pregnant or suffering from any injury, illness or medical condition, that may prevent or restrict you in participating in any part of the course. Such information will be treated confidentially.
You will be required to participate in a range of assessment methods including written tests, practical observations, team work activities and role plays.
After successfully completing the CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations participants can progress to CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations.
• Security Officer - Unarmed Guard
• Crowd Controller
• Control Room Operator
Fee must be paid in full before the course commences.
Crown College, Level 3, 8 Haig Street, Southbank, VIC 3006
Crown Perth, 200 Planet Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
CROWN’S REGISTERED TRAINING ORGANISATIONS (RTO)
Crown College operates two (2) Registered Training Organisations with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), delivering our students nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency. These are outlined below:
- Crown Melbourne Ltd (RTO ID #3743) trading as Crown College
- Crown Training Pty Ltd (RTO ID #40529)
The scope of delivery for both RTO’s can be viewed on training.gov.au. Both RTO’s are regulated by ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority)